SOC (E) Recruiting!

Looking for members for your guild? Interested in joining one? Here's where to go.
Amilyra
Bug Reports Regular
WoW character level: 0

SOC (E) Recruiting!

Post by Amilyra »

Hey HDL!

I am running an RP/Raiding guild on Empire side called Sector Oversight Council. Light-Medium RP at most, raiding and RP are both optional - you can just hang out or do either as you wish. We are aiming for weekly/bi-weekly guild RP events and 16 player raiding at end-game.

The guild's storyline is basically "an organization formed to root out traitors and defectors to the Republic in the name of the glorious Empire". We'll be building this up along with our personal RP stories as we game and go through the content.

About me: I've been an RPer for awhile - forum, pen and paper, in game, even chatroom roleplay. I know how to put together a good story and play it out with people. I've been a successful raid leader for about three years in WoW, as well as running a few different guilds in my time. I've done raiding content as a casual, hardcore, and progression focused team member. I'm a fair but strict leader that gathers quality friends and guildmates around me.

TL;DR: If you're looking for a possible Empire guild that does RP and raiding and you've got no one else that you're planning on playing with, chat me up. =)

Contact details:

Tiafon, Sith Inquisitor
Beregen Colony (RP) server

Thanks! =D
Last edited by Amilyra on Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Self edit.
Am I the only one who asks you to go,
Go on without me?
Am I the only one who loves when you leave
Your hair down in front of your eyes?
And who do you think I am?
And who do you think I'll be without you?

Xunn
New Player Regular

Re: SOC (E) Recruiting!

Post by Xunn »

I've been very interested in role-playing in a MMO for a while, but I have no-one close to me that wants to as well. I would like to roll a Imperial Agent for this, but be forewarned it has been many years since I penned and papered my way through the dark streets of Cyberpunk 2020 :P

Amilyra
Bug Reports Regular

Post by Amilyra »

Imperial Agents are great and they will fit right in with SOC's mission (well, we make sure all classes/stories fit with SOC! But the mission is headed by an agent, heh). We've also got quite a few people who are interested in RP but haven't done any RPing for awhile or haven't done it in an online game, so that's no biggie. Since RP isn't mandatory (you don't have to participate AT ALL if you don't want to), and RP is done in an optional channel, if your friend wants to join, too, but has no interest in RP, feel free to bring them. We also will do raiding.

Sometimes, though, just by being in a good RP guild they'll become interested. Even if it's just a little thing like "well, I figured I'd make my character profile/backstory" or "hey, I wrote this little short story"... I find that SWTOR makes it hard to resist getting in character because you have to make choices and get involved in the quests and story that is happening around you. =]
Go on without me?

Xunn
New Player Regular

Post by Xunn »

I tried the Imp Operative during two Betas and loved it! I will almost certainly roll up the Agent with you, and I will be bringing this little topic up with an old RPer buddy of mine over our next lunch, which we have every Sunday :D

Come on, EGA email ol' buddy, don't let me down :P

Garotar
CSF Regular

Post by Garotar »

I may poke you at some point. I need to see where my wife and a friend want to play for our Empire characters.

Xunn
New Player Regular

Post by Xunn »

Hey fellow Albertan,

I made the AI - Operative. Names Xunn. If you see me on, gimme a whisper :D

Amilyra
Bug Reports Regular

Post by Amilyra »

I shall! Sorry I didn't see this post earlier - I wasn't in game, either. I'll nab you if I see you, though. =]
Go on without me?