CNA

Discussion of anything that doesn't fit into the other categories.
SeleeneRMParis
HDL Guild Member
WoW character level: 0

CNA

Post by SeleeneRMParis »

For those of you who aren't on my facebook or don't do social media, I would like to take a moment to acknowledge the fact that I passed my INACE (Illinois Nursing Assistant Certification Exam). I seriously bawled my eyes out. So now, I would like to say, I'm a fully registered CNA in the state of Illinois.

-S
pah is my snuggle bear. :D The 'beast' to this 'beauty', My tauren for my blood elf.

Realm: Destromath
Seleene-Level 53 Blood Elf Shadow Priest
Kullorah-Level 31 Tauren Retribution Paladin
Seleeneparis-Level 90 Blood Elf Marksmanship Hunter
Shemoomoo-Level 14 Tauren Druid
Prechious-Level 13 Forsaken Demonology Warlock

Realm: Smolderthorn
Airleas-Level 31 Blood Elf Hunter

Rufflebottom
CSF Regular

Re: CNA

Post by Rufflebottom »

Congratulations!!!!!!
:D

Jae

Post by Jae »

That's wonderful! Congratulations!
People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Amaelalin
CSF Regular

Post by Amaelalin »

Super yay!

Illinois is in need of good people. :)

Merdrah
CSF Regular

Post by Merdrah »

Yay!

Teufelgott
CSF Regular

Post by Teufelgott »

Woot! Gratz!
"'Or else' seems like a stupid fucking thing to say to someone like me."

SeleeneRMParis
HDL Guild Member

Post by SeleeneRMParis »

UPDATE:

I started my first job as a CNA on Tuesday. It's a supportive living facility. Which is similar from an Assisted living facility. It's for people who need longer term care but don't really need much help with ADLs (Activities of Daily living. IE: showering, combing hair and that sort of thing). We're mainly there to hand the residents their meds, watch them take it, make sure they don't choke. Light assistance really. Liability and safety are mainly why we're there.

I'm going to be on 3rds so there really isn't going to be much in the way of That sort of thing. There are a few residents with a med pass during the night, but not really too many. At night it will basically be all about answering pull cords. We have a couple of residents there that really should be in a nursing home. Not that we don't want them there, but we really don't have the correct equipment they need to give them a better life. We physically have to lift them out of bed which most (if not all) facilities around here are no lift facilities. Meaning we cannot physically lift people up. Nursing homes have the proper equipment to do this, the care, and the staff support needed for this. In our facility, this isn't really what we're geared toward. I'm not sure if it's because of the family's denial of the situation, that they do indeed need more help than we really can give, or the person themselves.

My body is protesting use today. I'm crazy tired and my knee is bothering me. I haven't worked on my feet like that in over a year so getting use to walking back and forth like that is going to be difficult at first. Maybe I'll lose a little weight in the process. To get list: a gait (transfer) belt and black scrub pants. The gait belt would help with the lifts which require a transfer. I'm not going to put out my back over someone else. That would be the end of my nursing career.

I'll keep with the updates as they occur.

-S
pah is my snuggle bear. :D The 'beast' to this 'beauty', My tauren for my blood elf.

SeleeneRMParis
HDL Guild Member

Post by SeleeneRMParis »

and so it begins...

Overnights.

I'm both looking forward and not with this. Looking forward because I'll be working the shift I'm suppose to. Not: it's going to be difficult for Owen (and if I'm completely honest Geoff and I) because of the change of schedule for me. I won't see them as much. However, having some money incoming is needed and that was what they offered. One thing for sure I can get out of this is experience. I keep looking at it like that. It's experience.

-S