Chicken Noodle Soup with Sweet Potatoes

Share your recipes here. Never trust a skinny chef.
Poctzarwaz
CSF Regular
WoW character level: 0

Chicken Noodle Soup with Sweet Potatoes

Post by Poctzarwaz »

6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/4 tsp. marjoram
1 bay leaf
1 14 1/2 oz can of chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
8 oz. egg noodles

Combine all ingredients except egg noodles in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Stir in cooked egg noodles before serving.

Very tasty.
Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Poct#1285

Jae

Re: Chicken Noodle Soup with Sweet Potatoes

Post by Jae »

Hmm. Now, the title didn't immediately "grab" my stomach and say "EAT ME". However, reading the recipe - yep, I can say I'll be trying this when it becomes soup/stew weather again....

I'd say try McCormick Chicken Base instead of the broth though - MUCH more flavorful.
People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Pahanda
Site Administrator

Post by Pahanda »

Honestly, if you're going to be simmering it that long, you could probably just use water (and salt), if you don't mind the end result to be a bit on the thin side.

This sounds rather tasty, but what with it being in the 90s here, I'm not making that until fall.
Real men (and tauren) wear kilts.
Update my signature regularly to reflect my characters' levels? Nah, I'm lazy!

Drezbek
Tech Support Regular

Post by Drezbek »

Better yet, rather than spending the $$$ on pre-cut chicken parts, get a whole stewing chicken and simmer that sucker all day long. You get the broth needed for the recipe, and you control the additives (namely salt). Compared to buying the stock and chicken to make this, you actually come out cheaper in the end by doing the whole chicken and doing it yourself.
I drank WHAT?!!!! - Socrates

Jae

Post by Jae »

Not around here - a whole chicken is upwards of 8 bucks.... I can get just the parts we like (breast and thigh) for less than half that.
People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Poctzarwaz
CSF Regular

Post by Poctzarwaz »

Pahanda wrote:Honestly, if you're going to be simmering it that long, you could probably just use water (and salt), if you don't mind the end result to be a bit on the thin side.

This sounds rather tasty, but what with it being in the 90s here, I'm not making that until fall.
It's funny, Pah... we're pretty close, but temps here in Southern Michigan have barely broken 80. Then again, we do have a 40 degree refrigeration system really close. Lake Michigan hasn't warmed up all that much yet.

Poct#1285

Pahanda
Site Administrator

Post by Pahanda »

Poctzarwaz wrote:It's funny, Pah... we're pretty close, but temps here in Southern Michigan have barely broken 80. Then again, we do have a 40 degree refrigeration system really close. Lake Michigan hasn't warmed up all that much yet.
Yeah, we're almost 200 miles south of the lake. It's nice up in Chicago now. Downstate? Not so much... :cry:
Real men (and tauren) wear kilts.
Update my signature regularly to reflect my characters' levels? Nah, I'm lazy!

Poctzarwaz
CSF Regular

Post by Poctzarwaz »

Pahanda wrote:
Poctzarwaz wrote:It's funny, Pah... we're pretty close, but temps here in Southern Michigan have barely broken 80. Then again, we do have a 40 degree refrigeration system really close. Lake Michigan hasn't warmed up all that much yet.
Yeah, we're almost 200 miles south of the lake. It's nice up in Chicago now. Downstate? Not so much... :cry:
My grandparents lived south of Effingham. I always hated summer down there. SOOO hot.

Poct#1285

Nala

Post by Nala »

What's weather?
You never cease to amaze me, Alvie. I envy your papercrafting skills!